Xtreme Air Services offers air conditioning preventative maintenance agreements to our customers to offer peace of mind when your HVAC unit goes out.
With our air conditioning preventative maintenance agreements you are guaranteed these things:
- Priority scheduling when you call
- Spring preventative maintenance precision tune up
- Fall preventative maintenance precision tune up
- Discounts on your repairs
- Special coupons for our maintenance customers
- Extended warranties
- Flat rate pricing no matter how many systems you have!
Our comfort specialists can take care of your air conditioning unit, which will take care of you and the comfort of your home! An HVAC unit is very similar to anything that needs preventative maintenance. We will inspect your HVAC unit and change the necessary filters.
Below we are going to discuss what we inspect during our air conditioning preventative maintenance visits, the importance of checking equipment, as well as problems that can occur if an issue is not caught early enough.
Air Conditioning Preventative Maintenance:
- An Xtreme Air Services technician will ensure a proper working thermostat. Without checking your thermostat yearly, you may experience electrical damage which in turn could result in unit failure.
System Efficiency / Split Temp
- Trained professionals will check this in order to assure that you have maximum comfort in your home. Temperature differentials can determine your air conditioner's health.
- If your unit has an inadequate amount of Freon, it will struggle to keep your home at a specified temperature. This will cause high electricity bills, and can cut the life expectancy of your unit down tremendously.
- Dirty filters can cause more allergies. As a result, evaporator coils may build up dust and debris, shortening the life expectancy of your HVAC unit.
- Air distribution is important for maintaining the same temperature in each room. Most of all, properly sized ducts can help with unit efficiency and if ducts are incorrect this can cause premature failure and excessive utility bills.
- Employees from Xtreme Air Services will make sure a disconnect is in place to make sure the right amount of power flows to your AC unit.
- Condensate drain lines are an essential part of your air conditioning system that protects your unit from causing property damage. If this is not checked regularly, you could have malfunctions and expensive remodeling projects.
- Without proper air distribution, certain rooms in your home may not get the right amount of air you or your family desires. However, our technicians can give you options for proper air distribution.
- Plenums function by pulling old air out and sending new air in through a supply and return device. At the end of the day, plenums have to be working properly to ensure that your AC is functioning to its fullest ability.
- Certified professionals must check evaporator coils due to the fact that this is a huge piece of your HVAC unit. When this is not working, your whole unit will not be cooling. Not only that, but if it is mismatched then the efficiency will suffer.
- Capacitors have a life span and exceeding the specified temperature could mean possible motor failure. This is why a licensed technician should check run capacitors yearly.
Start Kit / Relays / Transformers
- Start kits, relays, and transformers are electrical components that must be checked yearly in order to ensure that your unit is running at maximum efficiency.
- Another major piece of equipment in the HVAC system, which cycles the refrigerant in order to dissipate heat from the compressor, is the condenser coil. Licensed technicians need to maintain the unit or the AC will not run properly.
- Compressors cycle refrigerant through the system and if not maintained, the unit will not cool/heat to comfort.
- Safety controls are used to turn off the unit when it starts to malfunction. Controls need to be intact and inspected to keep your home as safe as possible.
- Fuses are another safety feature that keeps major electrical components safe from electrical surges and your air conditioner running.
- Condenser motors will dissipate heat from the condensing unit helping the unit to not overheat.
- Functionality of a blower motor moves air across the coil and through your house so it will stay cool.
- Unfortunately, without proper insulation your home may not be able to cool or heat the house as you would like. Also, a well insulated home will save you money on your electric bills.
- Contactors are a communication control between the thermostat and the unit and needs to be checked annually in order for your unit to run properly.
As you can see, all of the things that will be checked yearly in your air conditioning preventative maintenance so your AC unit will work properly and efficiently all Summer long!
Call our office today at (214) 556-2205 to set up your air conditioning preventative maintenance agreement, get twice yearly tune-ups, discounts on repairs, priority scheduling, and coupons just for you!